October 16th, 2017
· 4 medium beefsteak green tomatoes, cut into 1/2in slices
· 1 egg, whisked
· ¾ cup bread crumbs
· 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, food processed until they are cornmeal consistency
· 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
· Butter to fry
- Lay tomatoes on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Two shallow bowls with: Bowl 1: egg. Bowl 2: bread crumbs, processed pumpkin seeds, Cajun seasoning and S&P
- Dry tomato slices off with a paper towel (to remove excess moisture), and dredge each slice in egg then pumpkin mixture until all are coated
- Fry tomatoes in butter, a few at a time until golden and crispy (about 4 minutes on each side). Dry on paper towels, and keep warm in 200F oven if necessary.
#friedgreentomatos #cajun #pumpkinseed #pumpkin