November 7th, 2017
- 1 cup quick oats or rolled oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp allspice
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 large apple, finely diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients – flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg. Add coconut oil, vanilla, and honey. Mix well with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix. Finally, stir in the grated or chopped apples and dried cranberries or raisins.
- With a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop the dough, then shape into slightly flattened balls. Arrange the cookies 1-inches apart on the prepared baking sheet (they do not spread).
- Bake for 12 minutes oruntil the edges of the cookies begin to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- (Optional) While the cookies cool, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with lemon juice or milk. Mix adding liquid if needed until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over the cookies, let set.
#Cinnamon #Apple #Cranberry #Cookies (or #BreakfastBars)