August 12th, 2018
- 1½ cups gluten-free flour (we like this one)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together coconut oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.