October 3rd, 2017
This healtified version of a retro classic swaps traditional pasta for a red-lentil replacement (I found it at WholeFoods). It’s packed with loads of protein and is much lower in carbs that you’ll feel guilt free going back for more! Try it out and let me know what you think!
Makes 8 Servings
- 2 8oz boxes of cooked POW Pasta – Red Lentil Rotini (or whole wheat rotini if you really can’t find it)
- 1 lb cubed smoked ham steak (Optional for the Veggies!)
- 4 cups cooked broccoli cut into medium size pieces
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 10-ounce can of reduced sodium, fat free, cream of celery soup
- 1 10-ounce can of reduced sodium, no sugar added corn
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated (1 ½ cup mixed into the sauce, ½ cup sprinkled on top)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, yogurt, Dijon, soup, worchestershire, S&P, and 1 ½ cup cheddar.
- Gently fold in broccoli, pasta and ham (if you’re using it) being careful not to break up the pasta.
- Top with the remaining grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and browned.