July 14th, 2018
This isn’t your average granola. I snuck in all kinds of goodies to health-ify this recipe. Some of these ingredients are a bit hard o find so I shared my amazon cart with you so you can follow along. The hemp hearts add a load of Omega 3&6, and the quinoa flakes pack it full of protein.
Store them in mini mason jars and make the perfect hostess gift. There is nothing quite like homemade granola, I promise. Try it, you wont be disappointed!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup crushed almonds
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp hearts – these are kind of hard to come by but I found them on Amazon!
- 1/2 cup quina flakes – another tough one to find but you can grab them here also
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F . Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Toss all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (oats, hemp, quinoa, flax, almonds, cranberries, cinnamon, and salt).
- Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, and extracts and stir to combine. You may need to melt the coconut oil ahead of time if yours is a solid. Toss together and make sure all of the oats are moistened.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow granola to cool completely – the air will help the granola obtain a crunchy texture.
I love Amazon… you can see all of my healthy pantry items here – these are the ones related to this recipe!