March 8th, 2018
- 2 cups plain gluten-free flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 12oz plain coconut yogurt (2 small 6oz tubs)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey (plus extra for brushing over the top)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Melt the coconut oil.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl whisk the egg, then add in the oats, coconut yogurt, coconut oil, and honey. Gently stir through the milk.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients, and gently fold together with a until combined, don’t over mix.
- Pour the bread mixture into the pan and bake for approx. 45 minutes. You can start checking it at 35 mins, depending if your oven runs hot.
- Set the bread aside to cool on a wire rack. Optional: brush it with honey and top with the extra oats.