April 2nd, 2020
????#GlutenFree#Oatmeal#LemonCurd Cups! #nomnomnom I was given a whole bunch of lemons yesterday (literally an entire bag full, not the metaphorical lemons we all got recently!). I’m putting them to good use in my#StayHome time so check it out! Recipe posted at link in bio!#weareinthistogether so get your#bakeon! .
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- /2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes , room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 30 g (2 teaspoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 10 g (1 tablespoon) all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar for coating the bars
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 24 mini muffin try
- Crust: Mix the flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Add in the cubed butters and cut butter into flour mixture with a fork. Alternatively, you can rub the butter and flour mixture with your fingertips. The mixture will look like breadcrumbs.
- Press approx 1.5 tbsp of the mixture into the bottom of the muffin tins. You can use back of a spoon to spread it evenly. You should lightly flour the spoon to avoid it sticking to the flour-butter mixture. Bake almost 15 minutes until it is golden brown. For a soft crust: Bake for 10 minutes or until it lightly changes color.
- Filling: Mix the lemon zest and sugar in a bowl with a fork or rub with your fingertips to increase the lemon flavor. Add in the eggs and whisk for almost 30 seconds or until combined well. Then add the cooled melted butter, lemon juice and mix. Add the flour and mix until incorporated.
- After 15 minutes (or almost 10 minutes for a soft crust), remove the dish from the oven and add the filling. Bake for 10 minutes until the filling is set but still soft. Remove the tray from the oven and let it cool at room temperature for almost 1,5 hours. Dust with powdered sugar.