July 4th, 2018
I just loved making these stars so I just kept making them – and turned them into this festive garland. Complete with starburst poms because, who doesn’t like a pom!?
- To make these up, complete as many starts as you’d like and in whatever colour pattern you prefer. I went with 9 stars. Pattern below.
- From there, create a simple cord by ch ~250 stitches or enough to place a star every 8 inches.
- Once complete, tie the cord to the top of star point, right in the middle.
- Make poms by wrapping warn around 3 fingers with enough thickness so when bound in the middle, there is about 3/4 inch of dept. Make one or many for each end. Mix up the colours… have fun!
- Attach poms to each end of the garland
- Hang & Enjoy
- Red, white and blue cotton yarn (I used these) 3.5mm Crochet hook
Ch: ChainSC: Single crochetHDC: Half double crochetSS: slip stitchDC: Double crochetTC: Treble Crochet
Round 1: Create a magic circle, Ch1, 10 hdc in lop. Join with ss to top of first hdc. (10)
Round 2: Ch 1, 2hdc in each st around Join with ss to top of first hdc. (20)Round
3: Ch 1, * hdc in next, 2hdc in next * repeat between * * around Join with ss. (30)
Round 4: Ch 1, * hdc in next 2 sts, 2hdc in next * repeat between * * around. Join with ss.(40)
Round 5: Ch 1, * hdc in 7 sts, 2hdc in next * repeat between * * around. Join with ss. (45)
Round 6: Ch 1, * sc in next, hdc in next, dc in next, 2tc in next, 3dtr in next, 2tc in next, dc in next, hdc in next, sc in next * repeat between * * around. Join. Weave in all ends.