April 17th, 2020
It’s just me and I’m all about eating super#clean and #fresh… and #vegetarian so I’m #dishing up this #Crunchy #Thai #Salad with #Peanut #Citrus# Vinaigrette. I’m adding #quinoa for some #protein and lots of #peanutsto keep it interesting. And I’m making a whole bunch of it so I will have plenty of #leftovers. Ps…. this one also happens to be #vegan????. #nomnomnom.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups English cucumbers, thinly sliced and halved or quartered
- 1 cup carrots, cut in half length-wise then sliced on a diagonal
- 1 red or orange sweet bell pepper, julienned
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small head cabbage (about 2 – 3 cups), sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- handful cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- sriracha sauce, for an additional kick
Peanut Citrus Dressing
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, + more as needed
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- pinch of red pepper flakes or 1/2 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- Dressing: In dressing container or small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the peanut citrus dressing (or shake if using a dressing container), set aside allowing the flavors to come together.
- Assemble: In a large bowl place all of the fresh ingredients – quinoa, cabbage, cucumbers, scallions, sweet pepper, , carrots and peanuts, pour the dressing over top the salad and toss well to coat.
- Garnish: Top with fresh cilantro and additional peanuts. give a healthy splash of sriracha sauce if you’re looking for an extra kick!