December 1st, 2017
- 1 skein of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Frosty Green (A)
- 1 skein of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Ranch Red (B)
- 1 skein of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Soft White (C)
- 1 skein of Red Heart Fiesta Yarn in Millenium (D)
- 3.75 mm [US 5] knitting needles
- 5 mm [US 8] knitting needles
- 3.25 [US 3] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Stitch holder
- Inc: Knit into the front and back of same stitch. 1 stitch increased.
- 2 Color Version: 2 rows A or B, 2 rows C.
- Cuff Ribbing: With D (or desired color for solid mitten), cast on 22 sts.
- Row 1 (RIGHT SIDE): * K1, p1; repeat from * across.
- Repeat Row 1, 5 times more.
- Begin Pattern
- Next Row (RIGHT SIDE): Working in St st, begin desired Stripe Pattern (or continue in solid color) for 2 rows.
- Shape Thumb: Row 1 (RIGHT SIDE): K10, inc in next 2 sts, k10–24 sts.
- Row 2 and all even rows: Purl.
- Row 3: K10, inc, k2, inc, k10–26 sts.
- Row 5: K10, inc, k4, inc, k10–28 sts.
- Row 6: Purl.
- Divide for Thumb: Next Row (RIGHT SIDE): K10, cast on 2 sts, place next 8 sts on stitch holder; k10–22 sts. Work even for 9 rows.
- Shape Top: Next Row (RIGHT SIDE): * K2tog; repeat from * across–11 sts.
- Next Row: * P2tog: repeat from * across to last st, p1. Cut yarn, leaving a long end. Weave through remaining 6 sts, pull tightly to secure.
- Thumb: Place 8 sts from holder onto needle; with right side facing, attach yarn.
- Next Row: Inc, k6, inc–10 sts.
- Work even for 3 rows.
- Next Row (RIGHT SIDE): *K2tog; repeat from * across.Cut yarn leaving a long end. Weave through remaining 5 sts, pull tightly and fasten.
- Sew top and thumb seams.
- Sew thumb base to hand. With crochet hook, attach yarn or thread at thumb side of mitten on beginning edge, ch 50, slip st to other mitten at corresponding thumb edge. Fasten off. Weave in all yarn ends.
Instructions:Directions are for one size. Yarn choice and needle size will determine finished mitten sizes.
Mittens (Make 2)