October 3rd, 2017
Makes 6 8oz jars
- 6 cups sliced #jalapeños
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup #honey
For each jar:
- ¼ tsp #mustard seeds
- 1 clove garlic peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- Place clean jars into a 350° oven while the jalapeños and #vinegar mixture are prepped.
- Slice the jalapenos crossways, making rings.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the apple cider, white wine vinegar and honey to simmer.
- Remove hot jars from the oven and place the spices and seasonings into the hot, dry, sterilized jars. Then pack the jalapeños on top, gently pressing down and packing them tightly, until the jars are filled to about 5mm below the rim, then seal.
- Leave to marinate for at least 3 days before eating but if you can wait, then store in a cool dark cupboard.
- Once opened, keep in the fridge and eat within 4 weeks.