April 4th, 2020
- 3 cups high quality bread flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- Mixing your dough is easy as can be. Just combine all the ingredients in a stand mixer with dough attachment. Mix until dough forms a ball. Then cover it and let until it has doubled in size (approx 2-3 hours).
- Punch the dough down and portion the dough into 3 pieces. Form the loaves as such: Pinch, flip, score
- Cover and let rise again for another 60 min:
- Preheat oven to 450℉. Place 3 cups of ice in a shallow pan. This will be placed in the oven with your loaves as they bake. The ice will melt and create a steam in the closed oven, which will keep the crust of your bread from baking to quickly. This will give your loaves a little extra time to expand before the crust gets crispy. It really make a difference in how your loaves pop up!
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown.