March 15th, 2020
It’s #SundayFunday and with my new found home time I’m bringing back the #SpotLightStitchseries! I’m using this time to refine my own #knit and #crochet #skills so stay tuned for new patterns and helpful #tipsandtricks along the way. Tag your #craft #friends to loop them in and feel free to post questions/comments/suggestions below – We can improve our skills together! Today’s #spotlight is the #Alpine #Stitch. I’m using this stitch to add loads of #texture to the #doggy sweater I’m working on. Here is how to work it up: .
THE ALPINE STITCH
1. Start with an odd number of chains. DC in the 3rd chain from hook and in each to end.
2. Ch-1, turn, SC in each stitch to end.
3. Ch-2, turn. DD in first stitch, FPTC around the DC two rows below. DC in next st, then FPTC around the next DC two rows down. Alternate DCs and FPTCs to the end of the row, ending with a DC in the last stitch.
4. Ch-1, turn, SC in each stitch to end.
5. Ch-2, turn, place one DC in each of the first 2 sts * FPTC around DC from two rows down, DC in next stitch * repeat between * * to end. DC in last stitch. (note that you should have two double crochets to start this row and two double crochets to finish this row)
Repeat steps 2 – 5 being sure to alternate the starting stitches every other DC/FPTC row so that they are always offset.
Want to see more Spotlight Stitches?
Check them out HERE: