April 11th, 2020
Swiss Chard & White Bean Saute
Looking for a quick Spring side dish to spruce up your Easter Dinner this weekend? Try this! It is simple, healthy and quick!
- 2 pounds Swiss chard
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion sliced
- 15.5 ounces Cannellini or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and black pepper
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash Swiss chard to remove dirt and sand
- In a large skillet over medium heat; add olive oil. Saute onion until translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Cut the chard leaves and stems into 1 inch strips. Add to skillet. Once leaves are wilted, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add drained and rinsed cannellini beans and garlic; stirring constantly for 30 seconds (be careful not to burn garlic).
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and place on serving dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare the vinaigrette by whisking vinegar, mustard, honey and olive oil together.
- Pour vinaigrette over the sauted chard and beans.
#seeloveshare #vegetarian #vegetariansides #vegan #vegansides #easterdinner