March 31st, 2018
Vegan & Gluten-Free Banana Oat Muffins
This is my mum’s recipe. She isn’t vegan or gluten-free but entertains me when I come to visit. She recently made these for me and I just FELLL IN LOVE. You have got to try them! Even if you’re not #vegan or #gluten-free!
- 1 1/2 unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed (the darker the banana the better)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Toppings: whatever you like – berries, bananas, maple syrup… you name it.
- Whisk milk, pureed banana, vanilla, coconut oil, and ground flax seeds in medium bowl.
- Heat skillet to medium and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until combined.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing just until incorporated.
- Scoop ~1/3 cup per pancake, spacing about an inch apart. Flip when bubbles form.
- Serve with (Canadian) maple syrup and/or whatever toppings you prefer.
seeloveshareSometimes you just need #mum to #spoil you. ..Her #vegan AND #glutenfree #banana #oat #pancakes with ???? pure #Canadian #MapleSyrup are the #bombdiggity! For realz. Just posted her #recipe at link in bio. #nomnom ???? #momspoilsme ….#homesweethome #glutenfreevegan #glutenfreepancakes #canadianmaplesyrup #toronto #canada #veganpancakes #mom