August 9th, 2019
White Fish Summer Ceviche
It’s summer! This is the perfect make-ahead and impress the heck outta your friends kinda dish!!
- 1/2 lb white fish fillets (i used Halibut, as fresh as possible
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomato (seeds drained)
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 jalapeño, finely sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced avocado
- salt & pepper
- Any Tortilla Chips you like!
- Cut the fish into small, equally sized pieces. The smaller they are, the shorter the “cook” time will be.
- Combine the juices in a bowl, and then add the chopped fish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, depending on that size of your pieces. They’re done when all pieces will be solid white and opaque.
- When the fish is done, drain off most of the juice, leaving about 2 Tbsp.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Taste, and add salt and pepper as desired.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!!