March 23rd, 2020
Whole Wheat Herbed Crackers
#NewRecipe! I’m sick and self quarantined! I finally caved and ordered #groceries (my apartment shares a block with #WholeFoods so this took some internal debate ????????). Anyway, the #crackers somehow didn’t make it in the #delivery so I made my own #wholewheat #crackers. Turns out they are surprisingly #simple to make! Thank you for all of you working at grocery stores and food delivery! You’re playing a critical role in keeping all of us safe and I really appreciate you! Who else is getting creative in the #kitchen these days?? #icantotallymakethat #istillloveyouwholefoods .
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, garlic, oregano, and thyme together in a large bowl.
- Add butter with a fork, mashing it into the flour until it looks like sand. You can use your hands here if easier (it was for me)
- Last, add water and mix dough together with a large spoon or your hands.
- Place dough out on a large baking sheet and use a rolling pin to roll dough out as thin as you can. I rolled mine out on a piece of plastic wrap so they were easier to pick up an place on the cookie sheet. Slice dough into squares, and then spread the squares a part on the baking sheet, making sure they aren’t touching.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake crackers for 10-15 minutes or until crackers are crispy and/or golden brown on the edges.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and keep crackers on the sheet for 10 minutes, allowing them to crisp up a bit more.