November 12th, 2017
Easy peasy. Dont sweat this one. These are super fast, no chill, pop ’em in the oven delicious cookies. Try them out and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream butter and sugar until smooth, at least 3 minutes
- Beat in extracts and egg.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder with flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff but should still be manageable in an electric mixer. You can also finish by hand if it sounds like it’s struggling.
- Divide into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut. Traditional sugar cookes are 1/8 inch but these work on the thicker side also
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack. The longer you leave them, the more crisp they will be.
#sugarcookie #christmascookies #cookies #cookiedough #cookiecutter #justforfun