October 24th, 2017
- 3/4 tsp dry active yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10-12 all-beef hot dogs
1. In a stand mixer (if you have one, you can do this by hand also), mix together the yeast, water and sugar.
2. Add the salt, olive oil and slowly start to incorporate the flour. The dough should start to form a soft ball but it shouldn’t be sticky.
3. Knead the dough in the machine for 5 minutes and let rest for at least 30 mins.
4. Cut arms and legs into the hot dogs. For the legs, start at the middle of the hot dog and cut it in half, lengthwise. For the arms, cut two slits (one on each side) on the other half of the hot dog that should taper to just above where the cut for the leg begins. The photo below (under the dough) should show you what I mean.
5. After the dough has risen, pre heat the oven to 350deg.
6. Roll out the dough to a 9x13in square and 1/4 in thickness. Cut into 1/2 in strips and wrap up the hot dogs, being careful to wrap the arms, legs and head separately. They’re not going to be perfect, nor should they be!
7. Bake on a lined or greased baking sheet for approx. 25 minutes or until golden brown.
#kidfriendly #hotdog #hotdogmummy #hotdogmummies #mummies #halloween #seeloveshare #seasonaleats #seasonaltreats