October 15th, 2017
· 8 Cups chopped, pitted apricots
· 4 tbsp lemon juice
· 6 cups granulated sugar
1. Prepare canner, jars and lids.
2. In a large, deep saucepan, combine apricots, lemon juice and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Boil, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and test gel – you can use one of these methods found here.
3. Once gel stage has been reached, skim off the foam.
4. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving ¼ in from the top. Gently shake and tap to remove air bubbles. Wipe lid and center on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.
5. Place jars in canner (or a large enough pot to sit jars up in the bottom), ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and wait 5 minutes before removing jars from the water. Cool and make sure all jar have formed a tight seal.
#oldfashionedapricotjam #apricotjam #sugar #apricots #brunch